As you well know, we are all facing a new set of realities every day as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic. At Faith Church, we’re proud that we’ve found innovative ways to “be the church” in the last few months while also following local and state guidance for helping to keep our community safe.
As Centre County has eased most restrictions by lifting the stay at home and business closure orders, we've worked with a team of medical professionals, elected officials, church leaders and more to prepare to reopen in-person worship while continuing to prioritize the health of friends and neighbors in our community and beyond.
Guidelines for attending Sunday worship gatherings in person
To help us keep you and others safe and healthy during this time of reopening, when you come on Sunday mornings please DO:
- Enter at the sanctuary doors, which will open 15 minutes before worship (8:00 AM and 10:30 AM). All other doors will be locked.
- Wear a mask. Masks are required to enter the building; we will provide a mask for you if you don’t have one.
- Allow our ushers to assist you. Seating for worship will follow social distancing guidelines, and our ushers will guide you. If we use all the space available in the sanctuary, we’ll seat you in the fellowship hall where a live video feed of the service will be available.
- Bring your tithes and offerings. You can place them in a secure offering box available as you enter or exit; we will not pass offering plates during worship.
- Bring your own coffee. Coffee and snacks will not be available before or after worship gatherings.
- Visit with Faith family and friends outside before and after services. We will not gather in the lobby.
Updates on other ministries at Faith
We are excited to gather with you for worship! These ministries will continue at a later date but are not available in person yet:
- Children’s ministries, including access to the nurseries and Children’s Church
- Small group ministries, including Sunday school classes, discipleship small groups and interest groups
- Communications ministries, like worship bulletins or other items passed through the pews or handed out at the doors
- Connections ministries at the Connection Table, like handouts or sign-up sheets
We will share further information as soon as these ministries can meet in person safely.
We’ll be together in worship--whether at Faith or at home
We’re delighted to be able to worship together in person again, but we know that we can worship together even when we’re at home too.
We’d love to see you, but we encourage you to please stay home and worship with Faith online if you:
- have underlying health conditions
- aren’t feeling well on Sunday morning
- have any concerns or unease about crowds or COVID-19
- are enjoying the worship experience at home
Our live-streamed worship services are now a permanent part of our worship experience at Faith Church. We hear that many of you are enjoying this kind of worship experience at home and we encourage you to continue to worship with us that way both now and in the future. We also encourage you to invite others to join you online, as we’re also hearing that new friends are finding Faith Church for the first time through our live stream worship gatherings and other digital ministries.
Like all things in life, these guidelines and plans are subject to change. We will continue to update them as we follow CDC guidelines and directions from the PA Department of Health as they continue to adjust to how COVID-19 affects our community. Of course, we will keep you updated as well.
The path to returning to worship in person will be different for each of us. As we travel together we will work diligently to keep everyone safe while providing a variety of ways to worship God and grow in faith.
No matter when or how we meet, our aim remains the same as before: to grow in our relationships with God, the Church and the world as we learn to become like Jesus.