it's good to see you
We offer in-person worship on Sunday mornings at 8:15 AM and 10:45 AM in our sanctuary space and our new Cafe, while following local and state guidance for helping slow the spread of COVID-19 as we serve each other and our community.
The earlier worship gathering includes traditional hymns played on piano or organ; the later gathering includes current praise songs played by Faith's house band. Both services are streamed live via Facebook and YouTube; learn more here.
Dress code is come-as-you-are; some will be in suits and ties or dresses, others will wear shorts and t-shirts.
sanctuary or cafe?
We offer two types of worship spaces during both worship gathering times.
The sanctuary is a traditional worship space with padded pews in rows facing an altar with candles, flowers, and a Bible. We project announcement graphics, sermon information and song lyrics on the front wall under the cross. Our lovely organ and piano help lead us in singing at the 8:15 AM service and the house band plays here at the 10:45 AM service.
The Cafe is a new and relaxed worship space on the other end of the building in "the Big Room" (also known as our fellowship hall). Click here to learn more about the Cafe.
Both the Cafe and the sanctuary are open for both 8:15 AM and 10:45 AM worship gatherings.
updated guidelines for in-person worship gatherings
updated spring 2021
As we strive to offer a warm and welcoming environment at our in-person worship gatherings, we've worked with a team of medical professionals, elected officials, church leaders and more to update our guidelines for in-person worship to prioritize the health of friends and neighbors in our community and beyond.
Guidelines for attending Sunday worship gatherings in person in the sanctuary
To help us keep you and others safe and healthy, we sanitize the restrooms and hard surfaces in the sanctuary before and between worship gatherings. We also have hand sanitizer in many places for you to use, and we can provide a mask for you if you need one.
When you come on Sunday mornings, please:
- Wear a mask. Masks are required to enter the building; we will provide a mask for you if you don’t have one. Please keep your mask on during worship.
- Allow our ushers to assist you. Every other pew is reserved to create space in front of and behind you.
In addition, we ask that you and your family sit on either end of the pews, or in the middle. If you are able, please "scooch" to the middle of the pew to allow more room for friends on the ends of the pews.
If you are seated on an end and someone would like to sit in the middle, please stand and step out of the pew to allow your neighbor to enter the pew (standing up and "leaning back" is a little too close right now!).
Can't find a seat? Ask an usher and we'll help.
- Check out our digital bulletin. Keep up with everything going on at Faith online at bellefontefaith.com/bulletin. If you have a question about an event, a ministry, or most anything, stop and chat on Sunday mornings with the friendly folks at the Connection Table in the lobby, just outside of the sanctuary doors.
- Bring your tithes and offerings. You can place them in a secure offering box available as you enter or exit. You can also place prayer request or other pew cards here before or after worship.
- As weather permits, visit with Faith family and friends outside before and after services. If you are chatting in the lobby or sanctuary, please remember to keep your mask on and maintain a distance of at least six feet between people. (That's about the length of one bicycle, or one pastor if he's laying down. :) )
- Bring your own coffee. Coffee and snacks are available in the Cafe but will not be served in the lobby. Grab a cup down in the Cafe and bring it to the sanctuary with you!
worship in person or online?
Remember: Staying home and worshiping online IS worship. Where two or more are gathered, Jesus is there . . . and that includes gathering in person AND online.
In fact, we encourage you to stay home if
- you have any concerns about returning to in-person worship;
- you are enjoying online worship with your family and want to continue worshipping with us this way, or
- if you have a cough, a fever, trouble breathing or do not feel well in any way.