The Bellefonte Playschool, a state licensed and church-owned preschool, exists for the purpose of enriching the lives of children. We operate during the school year only.
The school provides a supervised environment of socialization through play and through the teaching of basic school-readiness skills. Our highly dedicated staff believes that learning at the pre-school age is best accomplished through fun, hands-on activities and through play and discovery.
- PRE-K Extended Classes meet 3 days/week on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday from 9:00 am to 2:00 pm. Children should be age 4 years by September 1st, and toilet trained, to be enrolled in these classes.
- PRE-K Basic Classes meet 3 days/week on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday mornings from 9:00-11:30 am OR Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday afternoons from 12:00 noon 2:30 pm. Children should be age 4 years by September 1st, and toilet trained, to be enrolled in these classes.
- Three-Year-Old Classes meet 2 days/week on Tuesday and Thursday mornings from 9:00-11:30 am. Children should be age 3 years by September 1st, and toilet trained, to be enrolled in these classes.
The Bellefonte Playschool complies with the state guidelines and regulations developed by the State Board of Private Academic Schools in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania. Learning activities include:
- socialization through play
- manipulative materials
- dramatic play and creative arts
- gross and fine motor play
- simple games and discussions
- literature, music, math and science
- center time and discovery
- Bible lessons
- field trips and presentations
Our child-centered curriculum focuses on topics that are of interest to the children and also addresses the different developmental needs of individuals.
For more information about the Bellefonte Playschool, contact Director Amy Confer at firstname.lastname@example.org or 814.357.9086.